Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Wonders of Musically Inclined People




As the worlds population gets bigger and bigger are value for stuff changes.  We need gas and technology, but the question is... Do we use then all the time?  Yes,  Do we need them every second of the 24 hour day?  No,  Could we live without them?  Yes, our ancestors did so why can’t we.  With gas we mostly use it to get to work and to get children some place or another, but we can carpool and save gas or ride a bike/take a bus.  What about technology?  We want it but we don't need it.  We can go the longest time without the computer or texting apparatus.  We as humans started out with out technology and didn't use it till a later date in time.  So as you see these thing among many more are not necessary but they are convenient.
Its a school morning, 5:45 AM , my alarm is going hysterical.  I can not find the snooze button which is probably a good thing otherwise I would not get up.  I finally get up and get dressed, this is around 6:00 AM now, and all i can think about is listening to my iPod on the bus and in school when i am in the hallways or in the band room.  I am on the bus now, its dead silent.  I sit in my usual spot in front of my friend Sabrina and across from my friend Azadoria.  Sabrina and I talk a little then we go up the street across from mine and pick Cameron, and my friend Neal.  Neal sits next to me so Sabrina, Neal, and I can all talk.  

I am usually rocking out to Pitch Perfect or Wicked by now and I am loving it.  With my iPod I can be the person i want to be without anyone telling me different.  That's why I picked it to be in my essay.  As I am walking into the school I am either turning up the volume so I can't hear anything around me or I am turning it down to talk to people around me (it’s usually depends on my mood for that day).  What's great about turning my music down?  It usually means I am going to walk in to the band room and going to talk to Caroline, Jon, Nate, Jack, Alexa, Ryan, and a lot of other band members.  But mostly those 6 people.  
The band room is like my second home, but its the band room so it everyone in the music department and the drama department mixed into one, like when you add sugar to cookies,  makes everything much better!  There are so many people that know my deepest darkest secrets...by so many i mean like 5 people.  All those people are in the band besides one.  Otherwise the band is part of my family now.  
As a band we go to competitions and kick butt.  I remember one time when we were on the bus to our  first competition i believe.  We were on the bus and within the first 5 minutes we were one.  We always do the rules of the band bus first.  The rules are Number 1- No number two, Number 2- No number one unless absolutely necessary, Number 3- No singing unless its a singing run through.  
After that we ride to our destination maybe we will have singing but maybe not.  It really depends on the mood of the percussion section (my section), we mostly make the noise.  Then comes the hard part... Changing on the band bus.  When you change on the bus you have to be aware of your surroundings.  You have to watch out for other people because its a bus, its going to be tight , and when the bus turns.  That's when you really have to be careful.  The bus in other words is a danger zone.  
We finally made it to the competition!!!! This is where we show what we are made of and how to rock the instruments that we either are just learning house to play or ones that we have played for years.  Value is a wonderful thing and you can either value a price tag or value a friendship.  Either way it means something to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment